Sunday 20 January 2013

A belated Happy New Year!!

Hello everyone...

So its been a while since I last posted anything - the life of a working and commuting lady has taken over (yes, I got a job - I'm working in publishing and loving it!)... although I never thought being a student was quite as relaxing until I started working, which clearly tells you what kind of a student I was!  So, due to my complete lack of stamina with life and old age creeping up on me - it saddens me to say I have neglected 'BookCoverBeauty'.. One of my New Years resolutions is to do more blogging and to dedicate each post (if I can) to someone or something in my life whom I am very glad to have met or experienced for whatever reason. 

Over New Year I went to Paris and fell in love with a bookshop called 'Shakespeare and Company', as much as I would have liked to have spent lots of money and time in Chanel and Dior and Jean-Paul Gaultier and the list goes on... I'm glad I spent my time in 'Shakespeare and Company'... this little visit reignited my verve for literature and being surrounded by new and old (slighly battered looking) books, and to get back on with blogging and getting myself lost in literature... Here's a little fact about Shakespeare and Company, they were responsible for publishing Joyces' 'Ulysses' when no-one else would take it on, knowing this I knew this was going to be the highlight of Paris for me..

 
Little old me getting stuck into books...(quite literally)
This quote is on one of the walls in the shop... it's perfect.
 
Back to BCB, the first six chapters of 'The Pursuit of Love' have been read and I will be posting my review this week.  To be more specific, the post will dedicated to Friday 25th January - Welsh Valentines day...St Dwynwen's Day...and a certain Ms Poole, a young woman from Wales who is just brilliant! (you can follw her at http://bookandbiscuit.com).

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment