Thursday 14 February 2013

Very Valentine

 
So the next post is dedicated to Valentines day.. I know the last post was for Welsh Valentine's day, but what can I say there are plenty of days to spread and share the love. So I brought 'Very Valentine' back in February 2009. This was at a time where I was coming to the final slog just before the final final slog of my A-levels. To get to Sixth Form I used to have to walk across an asda car park to cut through on to the main road of my Sixth Form (glamorous, I know). So anyway I decided to take a detour and went into the supermarket for a bit of retail therapy (this story is just oozing glamour) and the place was heaving with endless valentines displays, hearts and a massive haze of red hit me...as did the beautiful lady and the beautiful dress and the beautiful shoes on the cover of 'Very Valentine'... I picked it up and four years later I'm taking it off the bookshelf and I'm finally reading it! I have to say I also brought 'The Holiday' on this crazy shopping expedition and that has become one of my absolute favourite films, not only because I love Jack Black and Cameron Diaz, but the writer Nancy Meyers just epitomises what I love about this type of fiction/cinematic text - it doesn't matter how trivial people think it is, it resonates on some level - if a text is doing that, it's doing something right... Anyway I hope to have finished the novel by the weekend, it's pretty hilarious and the plot has got me hooked - I think I'm on to a winner xx


No comments:

Post a Comment